It's that time of year! Twinkle lights, beautifully wrapped gifts, fabulous smells wafting in from the kitchen, family gatherings, laughter and pictures, lots and lots of pictures. All of your closest friends and family clamber to snag every possible photo opp during holiday gatherings in hopes of capturing those magical moments and memories to keep forever. Show your best self through the lens with these fabulous holiday photography tips!
1. Use matte colors - Shine is the enemy of photography. Dewy skin is attractive in real life, but in photos it will look like an oil slick. Matte makeup won't reflect light, making it easy to apply and easy to photograph.
2. Use powder - Even if your makeup is applied perfectly, if you look shiny in your pictures it can ruin your whole look. Along the lines of Tip #1, using a finishing powder will make your face more matte.
3. Fill in your brows - Even if you don't fill in your brows on a daily basis, fill them in for your pictures. Your eyes and face will look so much more complete if your brows are looking polished. This especially goes for blondes. Blonde eyebrows will disappear in photographs.
4. Boldly go where you don't usually - Makeup photographs two shades lighter in pictures. Do your blush, eyes and lip color a little more vibrant than you normally would.
5. Lashes, lashes & more lashes! - A lot of professional photographers recommend wearing false lashes. I personally can NOT stand fake lashes. (It may or may not have to do with a fear of gluing my eyes shut.) I use and love 3D Fiber Lashes. It's a 2 bottle mascara system that uses natural fibers taken from the campanulaceae of green tea and it's beyond AMAZING.
6. Apply your makeup in natural light - When you put on your makeup, sit by a window or in a room with a lot of natural light. This will give you the best idea of what your makeup really looks like, and how it will look in the pictures.
7. Wax - makeup does not adhere well to peach fuzz. Whatever you normally wax on your face, wax it before your pictures. I suggest waxing at least 48 hours before your pictures to give enough time for any redness and swelling to go down.
The most important tip is to HAVE FUN! Happiness shines out of your eyes and will always improve your pictures a million times over! Happy Holidays!
To order the products recommended for the listed techniques above, visit www.FiberLashes.com