The rule number one for perfect skin is: drink plenty of water, the rule number two: don't go to bed with makeup on. As for rule number three, a list of forbidden foods that ruin your skin:
- Chocolate: it increases the production of interleukin -1b, a marker of immune system inflammation, which causes an increase of the inflammation due to acne.
- Sugar and high carb foods: they will increase your insulin levels causing the skin to create more sebum (oil).
- Dairy: Not only they will increase the insulin levels as well, but removing the fat from the milk (to become skim milk) means more lactose (sugar) which will contribute to rosacea and acne.
- French fries: they lack nutritional value, lack antioxidants, which are essential fighting the free radicals, and are very high in salt (that will create bloating and puffy eyes).
- Alcohol: it dehydrates, and this is reason enough to be careful.