Taking care of your makeup brushes is very important, because of the bacteria accumulation, something to be aware of, to prevent zits and other skin issues.
But caring of makeup brushes isn't like washing normal brushes, they are delicate therefor they need special attention:
- If you don't have a specific makeup brushes cleaning product, or don't want to invest in one, use baby shampoo, as it is delicate enough not to ruin the makeup brushes bristles and fibers.
- Don't let the water and the shampoo pass the metal part, because when the water enters the metal part of the brush, will get in contact with the glue that sticks the bristles together and ruin them, so they will start to come off.
- Let them dry on a clean towel, preferably close to a window or close to a natural ventilation point. Put them against the wall with the bristles on the towel, so all the water is absorbed.
- Never ever put the bristles facing the tap water, so the water doesn't get inside the brush, and it doesn't get deformed.
- Use your fingers to wash the brush, in soft circular motions.
- Avoid squeezing the brush too much, so the bristles don't come off.